- Today, I was working on demo where I wanted to have test dataset for Retail db and after some googing I found MS has it’s own database and here are details –
- The Contoso BI Demo dataset is used to demonstrate DW/BI functionalities across the entire Microsoft Office product family. This dataset includes C-level, sales/marketing, IT, and common finance scenarios for the retail industry and support map integration. In addition, this dataset offers large volumes of transactions from OLTP and well-structured aggregations from OLAP, along with reference and dimension data.
- Steps to restore Contoso BI Demo Database
- You can download from below location –
- 2. After download please run the .exe files and it will ask you to unzip
- 3. It will generate ContosoRetailDW.bak file along with Data Dictionary of Contoso BI demo dataset for Retail Industry.xls file
- 4. Restore database with below script – you can modify your file
RESTORE DATABASE [ContosoRetailDW] FROM DISK = N’C:\ContosoBIDB\ContosoRetailDW.bak’ WITH FILE = 1, MOVE N’ContosoRetailDW2.0′ TO N’D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL13.SQL2016\MSSQL\DATA\ContosoRetailDW.mdf’, MOVE N’ContosoRetailDW2.0_log’ TO N’D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL13.SQL2016\MSSQL\DATA\ContosoRetailDW.ldf’, NOUNLOAD, STATS = 5