SQL Server 2012 always on Step by step configuration –
Prerequisite to configure always on –
1. Domain accounts for SQL Server services should have local admin access
2. Two IP addess
One is for Cluster
Other one is for always ON listener
Note – These IP address should be in customer facing sub-net
3. UNC share on any non-cluster server and non-domain controller.
Cluster computer account and each node computer account should have RW access to this share.
if you are not having domain controller access ask your Window Admin team
– Pre-staged cluster computer account in Active Directory. Account can be pre-staged according to the following article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731002.aspx#BKMK_steps_precreating
– Pre-staged AlwaysOn listener computer account in Active Directory. Account can be pre-staged according to the following article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731002(WS.10).aspx#BKMK_steps_precreating2
Windows cluster installation:
1) Install Failover Cluster feature using Server Manager on both/all nodes.
2) Open Failover Cluster Manager and create a new cluster:
View original post 621 more words